Ford Racing's all-aluminum 5.0L Mustang crate engine is a modern 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to deliver 412+ horsepower @ 6500 rpm and 390 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm (with premium fuel). The lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength.Piston-cooling jets, optimized oil drainback and windage control improve high-rpm performance
* 412+ horsepower @ 6500 rpm
* 390 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm
* High-performance 5.0-liter, four-valve Ti-VCT engine
* Displacement 302 cu. in.
* 3.63 bore x 3.65-in stroke
* Aluminum block
* Forged steel crankshaft
* Forged steel connecting rods
* Cast aluminum pistons
* Aluminum cylinder heads, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, variable intake, variable camshaft timing,
* Large sump oil pan with 8qt capacity
* 11.0:1 Compression ratio
* Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
* 80 mm single bore "drive by wire" throttlebody
* Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
* Vehicle harness and PCM not included
* Use Ford Racing's NEW wiring, PCM and installation kit M-6017-A504V designed for street rod/project car installation.
* Does not include alternator, for alternator kit see M-8600-M50BALT
* 2011 5.0L Mustang engine cover kit available, see M-9680-M50
* Remote Mount Filter Adapter M-6881-M50 available for applications requiring oil filter relocation
* Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
* Direct replacement for 2011-2012 Mustangs with engine code CG-397-AA
* Photo and specs may vary. These features apply for engine code CG-397-AA. Engines are this build code or newer while supplies last.
* Engine weight: 444 lbs